New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Agarwalla   18 April 2021

son not giving money from his salary

My yongest son is doing a job. He is a software engineer. He is not giving money from his salary to me. He is telling that I don't need money. Although lot of money is spent on his education. I want to know is there any law that a son has to be give some money from his monthly salary to his parents?


 5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     18 April 2021

It is the family matter and moreover if he is not willing to support you to lead the family day to day  then make him realize and teach him his duty and responsibility.

Rahul Mehalwal   18 April 2021

If your are a senior citizen or a parent who cannot maintain themselves, then you can approach the concerned ADM with an application under Section 4 of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     18 April 2021

Well advised by Rahul Meharwal I appreciate and agree with him.

Shashi Dhara   18 April 2021

How many sons you have ,.

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     18 April 2021


If you are a person who's age is above 60 years and cannot maintain yourself then you can claim money from him under Senior Citizens Act. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register