LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JS Singh (Dev)     03 November 2014

Someone got a sim on my name & abused someone

Hello. An unknown person has got a new SIM connection using my name and address and probably ID proof too. He used it to send abusive messages to someone. Now police has asked me about it but they were instantly convinced that I'm not that person. They left and assured me that the culprit will be nabbed soon.

Then I went for registering an FIR but they refused to do that saying its just a small case and will be resolved soon. But I'm worried that I'm still vulnerable in future. What should I do? Should I go to SP office? Will I be able to register an FIR at SP office? How serious the situation is? 

Please advice. Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

hisifybird (retd)     04 November 2014

You may relax now, since the Police have come to know about it.  If you are reading various news papers regularly, you may understand that yours is not the first case. Hundreds of sims were sold away by some unscrupulous dealers or agents, by xeroxing one ID paper of a genuine customer.  Now that Aadhar has been made compulsory, this problem may come down.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 November 2014

fresh query

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/ID-Proof-misused--505451.asp#.VFhJAGeO5G0

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     04 November 2014

Dont worry about this case. Now a days lot of issues are arising like this. Already the police are investigation they will find out in their way. You problem will resolved as early as possible.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 November 2014

please take action as advised on other thread before police of another state comes to investigate another crime by this sim and not satisfied the way this police party is.and not be

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

Probably the querist is too curious to get more opinions from this forum too though he has been properly advised and suggested what to by the experts in the experts column of this portal.  I endorse the views of experts who have replied your repeated query in another thread, you may visit the same to know more.

JS Singh (Dev)     07 November 2014

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. I've submitted my complaint to SP office. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register