Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MRamm   21 June 2017

Some questions on poa and sale of property.

Dear Esteemed Lawyersclubindia members,

There are three parts to my query, Before that some background - 

After my fathers passing, I inherited a share of our ancesteral home in Tamil Nadu (Sivagangai district).

The house is split to 3 shares. I had given a POA to one of the share holders as caretaker.

Recently however ive decided to sell my share of the property (after valuation).

Questions,

1) How can I cancel the POA the soonest?

2) Can the person with the POA sell my share without my consent?

3) Am seeking lawyers whom can handle the above as well as handle/advice the sales process.

Thanks

MR

Learning

3 Replies

Arjun Kohli   21 June 2017

Hi

1. As a Principal (the creator of Power of Attorney), it is your right to cancel the same at your will and you can proceed with the same at anytime.
  2. As is indicated from your descripttion, you have issued a specific POA in favor of your agent as a Caretaker. Therefore, if not mentioned in the POA, your agent can't sell the property. However, if the same is a General Power of Attorney, I believe your agent can sell the property concerned, if that GPOA is duly registered under law.
  3. I hope that respectable members of our esteemed community reach out to you in response to this issue. 

Regards

Arjun Kohli   21 June 2017

Hi

1. As a Principal (the creator of Power of Attorney), it is your right to cancel the same at your will and you can proceed with the same at anytime.
  2. As is indicated from your descripttion, you have issued a specific POA in favor of your agent as a Caretaker. Therefore, if not mentioned in the POA, your agent can't sell the property. However, if the same is a General Power of Attorney, I believe your agent can sell the property concerned, if that GPOA is duly registered under law.
  3. I hope that respectable members of our esteemed community reach out to you in response to this issue. 

Regards

shrenik (lawyer)     22 June 2017

Pl whats appp me poa Will guide you 9825099410 Shrenik

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register