Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maxx (pvt service)     07 February 2014

Some query on domestic voilence

Hello Experts!

seeking your kind advice, my wife has filed a false case of DV on me and my family members, i want to know the following:

case is going on, cross of petitioner will be taking place next week.

i am paying maintiaince through HMA 24

i want to know: do my parents ( who are both very old aged and unable to travel) have to attend the case in future?

right now my lawyer is attending. but in future will my mother be compulsorily made to attend? she cannot walk, and the case is running in another state.

What is the punishment in domestic voilence case, if i am not able to prove my innocence? just because she has accused me, and i dont have proof of my innocence, then what kind of punishment can me and my parents face?

i am not worried about my self, i am worried about my parents who are too old to travel to the other court? and they are facing this case for no fault of thiers?

request you to please advice. thanks

Learning

2 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     07 February 2014

Whats your lawyer doing ??

Your old parents can seek exemption from court appearence on the grounds that you have mentioned .Tell your lawyer to put an application for the same and get it passed . 

Punishment there is none only a  protection order can be  passed till than you can eat some grams and keep farting :-) Have a beer chill and relax . 

After the protection order is passed than under sec 31 of the Dv act the proceedings get criminal in nature . Than only is a punishment passed , so stay cool .

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     07 February 2014

Maxx,

In DV case, the respondents (you and your family) are not required to attend the court all the days. However, I would suggest that the husband attend the court on almost all dates to show your bonofide in the court.

You do not have to prove the innocence, while your wife has to prove the allegations levied against you and your family. So chill back and relax. You will be maximum hurt is financially and not for anything more.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register