LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Solemnization of marriage under special marriage act 1954


This is Paramjit from chandigarh. I want to go for marriage under special marriage act 1954. Both the parties (Boy, Girl and their parents) are ready for the same and are fulfilling all the conditions under the act. What is the procedure for the same and where should i start. Do i have to hire an advocate or can i apply by myself??? What ll be the estimatited expenditure??


 2 Replies

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     20 April 2012

dear friend,  since you have mentioned that both the boy and the girl fulfill all the eligibility conditiions for marriage under the SMA 1954  and the parents on both sides are also willilng, then you both should go to the sub registrar office , obtain an application form, fill the same, attach all necessary documents i.e. age proof , educational qualifications, residence proof, 3 pp photos and so on and submit to the sub registrar office for necessary action. you would be told by the office as to what is the next step and when do you have to visit them for the marriage soleminization. best of luck.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 October 2016

It is always ideal to have a right assistance of a marriages lawyer, lest you will be saved from any discrepancy, as he rovides professional advice a little feeswould not affect your coffers sir. After all you will help professionalism also thrives. tks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register