IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fatima (teacher)     19 March 2023

Society transfer fees

I had buy property in unregistered society in Gujarat , society association is asking for transfer fee of Rs.XXXX Amount, society is till registered or not i don't know, but they are saying that we have submitted documentation for society registration & show me a paper of housing service society account  which was open one or two month ago of my sale deed date, I said to them that by the time till my sale deed done and if you get your society registration number in that case I am ready to pay transfer fee, but they are forcing me to pay transfer fee, they have initiate process for society registration . Can you please help me?


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 March 2023

Presumably it is a RWA registered or to be registered under the provions of Societies Registration Act, 1860 since cooperative society cannot start functioning till it is registered with Gujarat Registrar Cooperative Societies, am I correct ?

If so, RWA has no authority to demand transfer / admission fees in the Society, you may deny the illegal and invalid demand.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 March 2023

Yes. I agree with the advice of the above learned senior expert Dr.J.C.Vashista Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query