LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fatima (teacher)     19 March 2023

Society transfer fees

I had buy property in unregistered society in Gujarat , society association is asking for transfer fee of Rs.XXXX Amount, society is till registered or not i don't know, but they are saying that we have submitted documentation for society registration & show me a paper of housing service society account  which was open one or two month ago of my sale deed date, I said to them that by the time till my sale deed done and if you get your society registration number in that case I am ready to pay transfer fee, but they are forcing me to pay transfer fee, they have initiate process for society registration . Can you please help me?

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 March 2023

Presumably it is a RWA registered or to be registered under the provions of Societies Registration Act, 1860 since cooperative society cannot start functioning till it is registered with Gujarat Registrar Cooperative Societies, am I correct ?

If so, RWA has no authority to demand transfer / admission fees in the Society, you may deny the illegal and invalid demand.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 March 2023

Yes. I agree with the advice of the above learned senior expert Dr.J.C.Vashista Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register