Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Onkar Gurav   16 March 2024

Society secretary resignation

Hello Everyone,

I have been a society secretary of a housing co operative. I have been working as a secretary from Nov'23. However now due to my professional hectic schedule I am unable to deliver the work as a secretary hence I have resigned from my position. However the committee has not approved the resignation and I will not be able to work as secretary. In this situation what can be done from my end or what are the consequences if my resignation is not approved.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2024

Since this is a honorary job, there is no legal binding on you though you have accepted to oblige the terms  and have promised to complte yor tenure.

But due to compelling circumstances you are not able to continue with the post hence there is nothing wrong in putting down your papers, there is no criminal offence done by doing this

Onkar Gurav   17 March 2024

Hello Sir,

Society chairman and other committee members are saying that they have consulted some officers and as per those officers I can't resign for 2 years from the day of appointment. Is It true? What needs to be done in such situations 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register