LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Kumar (Junior Assistant )     21 February 2021

society regd u.societies reg.act not filing annual statements and accounts

sir, iam kumar from telangana, having query with regards to societies registration act.

I am a member of a community/caste and some group of persons formed a society by name of my community/caste and they mentioned their jurisdiction to entire state of telangana 4 years ago.

Since formation of society they are not conducting the annual general body meeting, neither they are publishing the annual accounts statements, not conducting elections as mentioned once in 2 years.

Am I as a caste person eligible to sue the society under sec.23 of societies registration act, iam not a member of the society.

Kindly request your suggestion on the maintainability of I complaining against the society for non submission of annual statements to registrar, not conducting elections etc.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 February 2021

1. You may prefer to file a complaint Application to the Registrar to conduct "suo moto" proceedings for the neligence & deficiency of the Society, supported with relevant documentary evidences.  There is no need to be a member to file suo moto application.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Ajay Kumar (Junior Assistant )     21 February 2021

As per societies telangana registration act a member of society is eligible to file complaint i.e suit before the civil court. District registrar has no jurisdiction to conduct enquiry. So my question is since iam not a formal member of the community society, but a part of community can I raise complaint/suit with district court. If so is the suit maintainable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register