Society law

I have given my ownership flat on Leave & License . My society is charging 100% of maintenance as Non Occupancy Charges. On asking them to reduce to 10%, they say wait for 9 months till Agm. Till then, they want me to pay 100%.

Can I pay 10% and get away ? what is my recourse.? I have cordial relation with all committee members.

Lawyer

Wait till next AGM and then pay after resolution is passed.

Total likes : 1 times

Sir, thankyou for your reply. Is it not an illegal charge for which office bearers may be held responsible for overcharging ? 

ADVOCATE

You pay 10% of service charges and not the entire maintainence bill and place a strong protest letter on record for levy of 100% maintainance charges as non occupancy charges.

Regards

Total likes : 1 times

Dy Director

Sorry.

better read society constitution before acting.

Smart thing is to delay and frustrate matter for as long as possible.

Dont pay full amount for few months. Then pay for one month to soothe ego of other people and then stop paying again. Play hide and seek to minimize amount you pay without getting water connection to your house cut-off. Try to distract society and deflect attention to totally different issue and find someone else to make scapegoat. 

Fine print of society constitution is totally irrelevant. If this matter goes to court, judge won't even read a single line for atleast 10 years. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x