Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rmkwimaaka   12 December 2015

Society is objecting me for renovaton work

Hi there,

I just baught new 3bhk flat in CGHS society. I followed instruction and submitted application with fee for renovation work. I get started renovation with few structural changes and get completed the renovation work after dicussion and approval. Since I need to place 5 AC outdoor units, I get installed iron platform in outside of my balconies after AC machanics suggetions. Society did not allow to me do this while other flats have AC outdoor stands and 1-2 flats have iron platforms. After having discussion, I submitted an application for approval or for any alternate solution. They not only disapprov my request without any alternate soution but also they surprisingly warned me to restore flat structure else they will take legal action. This was shocking and unexpeted because renovation completed now and all renovation done after approval.

I have no clue what to do in this situation. I am new to all these situation and have no idea how to deal with this. Please guide me. Thanks


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 December 2015

You can give complaint to registrar of cooprative societies with all your versions with evidences. The registrar will ask explanantion and try to solve the problem with the help of society people.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     12 December 2015


You have to obtain written permission from the Society authorities as also from the Municipal authorities before commencing any structural alterations, if you have these written permissions you need not worry.

If, however, you have not obtained such written permission from the Society authorities and the Municipal authorities then you are at fault, and it will be in your interest to settle the dispute mutually with the society authorities.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2015

You cannot make structural changes at your own sweet will. You need to take permission for making any alteration to the external structure or modifying the existing structure by adding or removing anything that may deviate the original approved constructional plans  of flat. 

Even now you may apply for permission to make changes in the stucture by errecting the proposed iron platforms on your balcony whch may not disturb neighbor's enjoyment of their property.

rmkwimaaka   22 December 2015

Hi T. Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for message but it looks like you did not read my complete posting. You replied like you are member of my society :)

We started /continued renovation work only after approval. No one can do any work in flat if socity does not allow. We followed instructed procedure and only approved changes were done after verbal approval from president of society. 

My second query is that all DDA rules are applicable for 1 flat only? Other socities and other flats in same socities have different structural changes including outdoor platform so it is not only me who is doing this. How is it fair to give me notice when other flats have done same thing?

Please guide me. Thanks


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query