LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

p k balaji (dfasdfadsfadsf)     09 May 2021

Society grill

i, I am staying at Navi Mumbai, taloja, I have shifted to this new house in Apr 2019. When I am putting the box grill, the builder representative objected. so I removed it. I have purchased split ac and kept the ac outdoor unit in the flower bed only as there is no place to hang the ac outdoor unit.. due to this I have refilled the ac gas two three-time at the cost of Rs 2500 per time. i have asked committee and told i have some operational challenges to fit AC out door unit, and asked for permission , they gave many ideas but it not proper.. secretary has approved orally , so i have put only 8 inch extra box grill. in my block we three owners has put the box grill only for 8 inch , its not even 1 feet. it looks good too.. The total out door unit was 12 inch, i kept 8 inch on the box grill and 4 inches on balcony railing only. its not too odd.. now society has told me to remove the grill and they are going to give notice, if not removed 500 per day charges. they are telling it has been approved in general body meeting, i am sure they haven't discussed about charges, i am dead against this charges because I took oral approval only, but i have whasapp confirmation which is internal for committee purpose. I would like to know is there any law , due to this me and my family has been mentally harassed by society committe members.. i need your adives sir..

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 May 2021

1.  Installing Window Grill beyond "chajja" level is a prosecutable offence under local Municipal laws, MRTP Act and Fire Act.  Authorities under this laws only can levy fine /penalty & initiate prosecutions, for such violations.

2. Society has no jurisdiction to levy any kind of Penalty of whatever....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

p k balaji (dfasdfadsfadsf)     10 May 2021

Thank you sir for your advice ,mine is xbox grill of 8 inch  its not even 1 feet ,moreover there are operatinal challenge to keep ac outdoor unit .. explained many times still they are going to notice .before putting I got oral approval fro. Secretary.now he 8s denying 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register