LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrikant v. sathe (retired)     22 August 2010

social loss regarding adultrous behavior of wife

I got ex party dirvoce from my wife,the cause is mental cruelty and adultery.Because of this I lost my mother and when I started t to look for the bridegroom for my daughter the immoral behaviour of my ex wife is comming  on the way ..I just simply reply  them that I have taken ex-party dirvorce and that is all.But ex wife is living with some tantrik without doing marriage with him,that is the main cause of our agony.So I am finding it difficult to find bridegroom for my daughter.Secondly she is hiding her residence,so we can not contact her and tell her about our grievence. How can I lodge a legal case against her?Because she has made inumerable loss of us. We three means my elder son ,myself and daughter are living together.The missing complaints of both of them are registered in concerned police stations.But police are doing nothing in finding them.The tantrik,s name came in goa newspaper as fraudster.Please guide me how can i take the action against my ex wife for the harm she has done to our family.I already had given her ornaments to her.She was deceiving me before divorce also by kidding me.

 4 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     22 August 2010

the main reason for divorcing your wife itself is adultery. In this case i dont know how your wife's adultrous activity interfering with the life of your daughter as she is not living with you and you have got divorce.  You dint state everything clearly...


javid sir, is there any law which prohibits his divorced wife from such activity? are u paying maintenance to her?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 August 2010

attn: mr swatir and mr javed.

as it is an ex party divorce, and the said wife not challenged the ex party divorce at high court, therefore the process is completed.

now she is free to do what she likes.

mr shrikant,

i have gone through your postings. the above ans for you also.

if you feel that as a mother she should be prsent and take part in the said marriges, you please contact her if address known to you. it seems that you know a little of her whereabouts. you talk to her. no legal provision available here in this case. nothing can comple her either to meet you or join you. it is her personal liberty now (means after ex party divorce). If you did not take ex party divorce, then you could apply against the tantrik, u/s 497 of ipc. now both are beyond your reach.

however if you can convince hc, you may pray for - heabious courpus - hc will direct police to find her and placed before the hc. hc will hear her first. might be that she also trying to come out from the grab of that so called tantrik.



Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 August 2010

after divorce, the said relationship is no more adultrus. now it is live in. punishable legal action may not be taken.

however she may be approached to resume her social duties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query