Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ved Prakash   13 January 2020

Snatching at Railway Station

At station premises when I with my wife and 18 months old baby girl
waiting for Train No.20801 Islampur- New Delhi Magadh Sup Express travelling to Delhi with a valid reservation ticket of 3AC. At sudden a young man snatched my wife's purse and try to run away, when I chase him another person attacked me something and I am little injured, but the help of the some other nearby waiting passengers at platform he was caught and snatched purse recovered from him. Further the accused person handed over to GRP Ara bihar.
When I asked from GRP police about any written formality from my side. They replied that you have got your purse back no action needed. You can go to catch train. Police not lodge my complaint of assaulting me. In other hand police blame me for assaulting with the accused.

What action should have been done from my side in this situation?

Thanks... Ved Prakash


 4 Replies

Sb Karma   14 January 2020

written complaint to GRP.

But when its long?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 January 2020

First thank God and your stars that you are free with minor injuries in such an incident in Bihar, Forget that.  If you still wanted to remember this in your future and go to courts for a witness or such thing, lodge complaint in writing.  Before that preserve your reservation tickets and seek CCTV footage if any.  If you still have the time and energy, file a complaint in the District Forum and seek compensation for deficiency of service of railways in providing adequate protection and personal safety during a journey with confirmed and reservation ticket.  It is upto you and if you are a common man forget all this as a night mare.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 January 2020

You can lodge complaint before GRP where incident took plce, through email.

Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts / documents, professional guidance and proceeding.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 January 2020

You can lodge a criminal complaint narrating the incident and also the lethargic or reluctant attitude of the concerned police when you tried to give this complaint, to the concerned higher police and send it by registered post with AD card.

You acan alsom register a complaint online,, the police will certainly take action.

This will help to break the nexus between police and the culprits/ thief

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query