LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     10 August 2022

Slp in supreme court

Once an RFA is filed in high court, and if an interim order is passed under that while the judge keeps the appeal pending , then can an appeal be filed against the interim order of high court directly in supreme court as SLP ? Filing an appeal in front of division bench will waste time & money , so can it be filed in supreme court ?

Judge has passed an interim order under RFA for my eviction from the matrimonial house and has given only 4 weeks time to vacate, going to the division bench will waste time and money, so filing an appeal in supreme court is allowed or supreme court will ask to go back to division bench in HC ?


 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 August 2022

SLP could be filed. But it is only exceptional cases that leave is granted.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 August 2022

@ Shivani,

Supreme Court shall dismiss such SLP in limni, if it is not being assailed before Division Bench of concerned High Court.

shivani (housewife)     11 August 2022

@p venu- thanks for your opinion sir.


@jc vashista- thanks for your opinion.

Sir problem is , high court judge has granted me only 4 weeks to vacate the house, if I go to the division bench ,then it will consume all my time, as may be my petition will get rejected thr, also few are guiding me that interim order in RFA goes directly to the supreme court in SLP, that's how am getting confused & posted a query here as i will have to decide asap as i have limited time of going to the supreme court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query