LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suraj puthane   04 May 2023

Single survey number, different extents of land

Can a land have a single survey number with different extent of acres mentioned in the records?

example: I sold survey no.100/1 which has 1.21 acres, same time I retained 100/1 a different set of document which has .81 cents mentioned, Its a total of 2.02 acres. Now after I sold the 1.21 acres, my .81 cents is not shown on Adangal or 1 B document. What could be the reason? the SRO office has no proper answers to it?  

Learning

3 Replies

RAKESH ISHI   04 May 2023

It's possible that there was an error or omission made in the documentation process when the sale of 1.21 acres was completed, and the .81 cents portion was not properly recorded or updated in the relevant documents.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2023

You can enquire the same from the revenue department before that you submit an applicaiton to get your remaining land surveyed by the government surveyor and ascertain the details.\

If you find that there is no land left after selling a portion, then you can file a suit for declaration of your title against the person who has grabbed or encroached your remaining property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 May 2023

Part of survey number 100/1 would have to be numbered as 100/1/2 for remaining land admeasuring 0.81 cents.

It is better to consult  concerned revenue authorities or a local prudent lawyer for proper advise and necessary proceedings

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register