Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FightForCause (Businessman)     27 July 2015

Single parent - definition

Hi Experts,

What is the definition of Single Parent.

Wife keeps claiming she is a single parent and also filed an affidavit " Annexure G " as single parent and was able to get minor daughter passport issued.

I was gigvin maintenance for my daughter and it is court and my wife who do not allow my daughter to be in my custody....although i had visitation rights..., then how can wife become Single parent.

I am even not allowed to know name of my daughter school even on asking in court...but is supposed to pay her school fees to wife, not directly to school. 

Is wife allowed to use single parent even before divorce....passpor authority are not clearing my doubt. Kindly help

Learning

1 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     27 July 2015

Do not plunge yourself into technical definitions of "single parent" and do not look into wikipedia or Oxfor dictionary etc.  She is not a single parent without having a valid divorce from you and without your voluntary surrendering your right to have custody and visitation rights of the child.  If the passport authorities had granted passport without your "no objection" statement, they are wrong and you can take them to task by filing a writ  petition in HC after obtaining necessary documents from passport authorities.  You should also file custody case along with visitation rights in the competent court to get custody and in the meantime visitation rights.  Your rights are, on  the basis of your query, infringed and you should take remedial steps.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register