Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep engineer (Networks)     23 November 2011

Signature forged by icici prudential and mediclaim policy c

Dear Sir/Mam, 

I found after receiving my mediclaim policy that it was actually changed to pension plan by ICICI prudential. I was really disturbed and after visiting nearest branch saw forged signatures on a consent form as per scanned image shown to me. Am 100% confident that signatures are forged since I only signed on the initial form and nothing else. I didn't want to pursue further with ICICI pru. How do I get my initlally given INR 30,000/- through check and also is there a law where I can claim compensation against forgery committed by the ICICI prudential ?

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2011

Mediclaim policies are issued by life and non life insurers. You have posted that you have signed on initial form only. Copy of the form is supplied in the policy document as a part of policy document.

Have you received it? What is the name of plan/insurance policy ticked/chosen by you in this form?

You have also posted that a scanned image of consent form is shown to you. You are within your rights to get the copy of this consent form. The BM of the concerned branch is under obligation to handover the copy of consent form to you.

The branch at which your forms are logged in scans all documents and dispatches originals to HO. To the best of our knowledge as per prevailing practices set by IRDA, counter signatures on corrections have been stopped and new form should be signed by customer. All companies had started obtaining new forms.

The commission of agent in case of regular premium policies, for mediclaim policy is up to 35% and in pension policy up to 7.5% and in case of single premium policies it is up to 2% in all policies.

So, why a policy should be changed, from high commission policy to low commission policy?

There have been many cases of forged signatures in case of Pvt. Life Insurance companies.

You are within your rights to lodge civil/criminal case, police complaint, consumer case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2011

Our hunch is that due to some reason issuance of mediclaim policy was declined to you

Did you undergo any medical tests, at a company approved hospital?

Did you receive any letter declining issuance of mediclaim policy to you?

Pension plans are available with/without insurance cover.

Which pension plan is issued to you?

This is a practice to cajole the customer, to buy pension plan without insurance, to whom an insurance policy with insurance cover is declined.

In all probabilities company shall either transfer the onus on poor agent/agency manager or shall stand behind the staff and state your signatures are original. Company may ask you to get your signatures verified from bank.

It is not necessary that a customer may affix same signatures which are in bank a/c, on the policy application form. However if your signature on policy form and premium payment cheque given by you differs company can ask you to submit signature form with two signatures and both signature shall remain in company record.

Which signature is shown on consent form?

In  reality you have not issued any consent form, you have a good case.

This company has a history of such malpractices and the offense is serious. You should not spare them.

You can search consumer cases of this company on CONFONET.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 November 2011

Kindly update the details. This shall help you for your cause it shall also help many fellow citizens who visit the forum to fight such companies.

ICICI Prudential (Customer Care)     01 December 2011

Hi ,

We are sorry to hear your experience. Please post your complaint, along with your policy details, on https://www.iciciprulife.com/ipru/GrievanceRedressal.jsp and we will get in touch with you within next 48 hours

- ICICI Prudential Life                                                                                                                             

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2011

Kindly obtain all documents as suggested, and issue legal notice, and post the details in this forum

sandeep engineer (Networks)     06 December 2011

Hi Kumar Doab, 

Thanks for all your replies and support.

All I remember is that blood pressure was high while undergoing initial medical tests at a company approved hospital. 

I never received any letter declining issuance of mediclaim policy at all. 

ICICI lifestage pension plan was issued to me without prior notice/consent. 

fake signatures show on consent form I saw at the branch on the computer the representative showed me. Infact he was shocked to see difference in signatures and I saw guilt on her face eventhough she was never directly related in any of the transactions. she had a shaky voice after the same and a sorry face. 

I am 100% affirmitive that under no circumstances I have NEVER issued at consent form to any authority whatsoever. 

if for any reason my medical insurance was not working and I would go ahead and get my money refunded right away 

However I was time and again assured by ICICI employee that I will get my medical insurance done and these medical tests are minor hiccups just for formatilities sake. 

I have the originals copies of when I paid ICICI for medical policy through Cheque which was given to the agent. 

I also have the original policy sent to me. 

I went ahead and contacted one branch who have mailed me copies of original document signed by me and then consent letter which has forged signatures.

whats the best way to proceed further in order to get my full refund back of INR 30,000/- and damages against forgery committed by ICICI. 

sandeep engineer (Networks)     06 December 2011

to ICICI :- 

you have been delaying this matter since my first initial email complaint in March 2011 this year. I have been contacted by several redressal officers and most famous one being Dimple A 

I have suffered at the hands of them with repeated scriptted emails with no resolution to my problem. 

I have lost faith in you and your organisation and your ethics and the way you deal with your customers (customer service)

therefore you regardless to say you need to improve in all above said areas instead of scaring people with your TV ADS showing amitabh bachan questioning poor security guards and provoking them to such an extent to purchase your USELESS policies and then being caught in a never ending web. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 December 2011

We have not seen what complaint you have written in March or after the receipt of original policy, and what reply(s) is issued by the company?

In the nutshell:

-You were approached for mediclaim policy and you had signed the form, paid the premium by cheque, and attended the medical tests for this policy only. This policy was not issued and/or supplied to you; neither company has supplied to you their decision to decline this policy.

-You have neither submitted any letter to withdraw from the issue of this policy and nor have surrendered this policy.

-You have not issued any consent to change your policy from mediclaim to pension policy and you have not signed any form for issue of pension policy.  

As per your post company has forged your signatures on so called/stated some consent form. You are a victim of forgery and company has kept you entangled in unnecessary communication without any admission of guilt and has not begged apology in writing and has not granted you any relief.  As we learn from various publications despite many such episodes, reprimands, protests, complaints, the company has not refrained from indulging in illegal practices, and has chosen to remain a habitual offender and hence should be awarded exemplary punishment.

You may lodge a criminal case against BM, MD, and Chairman of the company. This shall be more rewarding.

Kindly check your PM also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register