Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharath (xyz)     11 June 2010

Show Cause notice from IT Company

Hi,

I joined an IT company and left the company after working for 4 days for a better opportunity.Before leaving the company I have mailed them my resignation mail and left the comapny and did not contact them again and did not respond to them if they tried to contact me.Now I got a show cause letter from the company saying that I was on unauthorized leave from some time and did not respond to their calls.If not replied in 48 hrs to the letter the legal action will be initiated.

I was in the company for 4 days,finished the joining formalities(signed the joining documents and took the appointment letter) but did not recieved the ID card.There was probation period for 3 months.The notice period was for 60 days but its not clear that it is applicable during the probation period or after completing the probation period.

Now I want to know,

What will be the legal action against me???

How strong/eligible would be the company to send me the show cause letter and take the legal actions on me in these circumstances??

What will happen if I dont reply to the show cause letter??

what should be my best next step of action??

Please advice me on this situation.Its a bit urgent for me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Chandra

Learning

2 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     13 June 2010

How did you mail the resignation. Please reply to the show cause notice immediately - Explain that due to ...(the reason mentioned in your resignation letter) you have communicated your resignation and hence the show cause notice that you are on leave without authorisation is false and baseless. Reiterate your position. Ensure that your reply is send to the company by speed post with POD (registration charges +Rs.10 paid for the proof of delivery). Keep the copy of the letter, speed post proof and POD (POD would be received in a week. You can also tract the delivery by the website indiapost.gov.in

vasudevan

Gazi Mahin (Founder)     12 April 2011

Dear Mr. Vasudevan,

i also have almost similar situation. i was a lecturer of an eduactional institution. i worked there for one and a half month. i resigned via email. but now i received a legal notice of show cause letter. i signed the agreement and i was required to notify them 2 months before resigning. i mentioned in my letter that i will be seeking further education. now what are my options? please suggest.

regards,

gazi shariar mahin

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register