LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   27 February 2016

Should we respond the letter came from wife lawyer

Hello friends, Just week back, I got registered ad with speed post from Mrs. 498a lawyer on his letter head making some allegations and asking for some information regarding her bank account. Everything part of that letter is absurd but here I am looking for some expert advice regarding these type of letters: 1) does this type of notice coming via registered ad direct from lawyer on his letter head not from court, holds any value?2) should we even respond to such letter ?3) if response is required, should we deny all the absurd allegations mentioned in that letter or the best way to response such letters if needed? I have attached the letter received from Mrs 498a lawyer..

Learning

5 Replies

Amit   27 February 2016

So what repurcursions we have if we don't respond such notice? Just trying to understand as it hasn't came through court..

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     28 February 2016

A well drafted reply to the said legal notice is a must. If she has made allegations regarding misapprorpiation fo bank accounts / jewelry , then rememner that your silence now may impact your right to avail the opportunity of bail. Understand this. THe fatc that a legal notice has been sent is a golden opportunity, as now you can reply to her allegations without even having to go to courty through a divorce case. The said reply, if drafted well shall manage to ensure that you deny all her allegations in a pre emptive way and hence increase your chances of availing bail as you had already denied her allegations of misapprpporiation in a timely manner. On the contrary, non response to the said notice, despite the service upon you might cause prejudice evbentually in the minds of the court and the prosecution. Hence I always advise my clients to reply to legal notices.

Find a competent lawyer. Draft a strong reply. A lot of times the adverse party is intimated of her falsehood being exposed before a court of law when she reads the reply to the notice and realises that you have strong points in your favour too. Hence send a reply surely.

Amit   28 February 2016

Thanku very much sir for great advice.

Navneet Singh   28 February 2016

1- Yes, lawyer can sent the letter 2- nothing important to reply by you.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     28 February 2016

You must reply of that letter but be aware that you must reply very attentionally as you will be bound to admit that in later and lawyer had send that letter for taking cuase of action in her favour

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register