LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishant (Doctor)     03 July 2016

Should i quit

I have been contesting a messy divorce case for 4 years, now in the HC. My wife a doctor like me filed criminal cases under 307/308/325/498a etc 3 years back . My district SP police refused action against my family since the police was aware that the cases are false.

The backbone of the case was a medical report that was manufactured in a village phc by a bams doctor and a known offender . I requested an investigation from the DM and a medical board certified the medical report to be false and forged and the doctor unauthorized .

I also challenged the XRAY (-- chest xray and skull xray )with a report mentioning fracture in maxillomandibular region( cheek and jaw) and linear fracure in a rib . This xray report was given by a radiologist in the district hospital again well known for corrupt practices.                                                However my wife kept evading the medical board set up for this purpose and rather hurled accusations of all doctors in my district and adjacent district to be hand in gloves with us . So finally her medical board for the x ray was set up in a remote district . I was informed about the medical board in late afternoon by the police effectively ensuring that i am not present to raise my relevant objections about the xray reports .  The report only said that no marks of injury found anywhere on her body . And no opinion can be given about such old medicolegal reports now .(remember 2 years had passed) .

meanwhile my wife also got the main investigation transferred to another district through the IG she being the complainaint having all the rights. And here started my agony . My family of four-- parents ; sister ; me were chargesheeted with  307 and 498 a  .So this investigation was done in another district but the chargesheet submitted to the SP of my own district who got convinced about the complicity of the IO with my wife and  sent the case files backto the IO  for further investigations under sec 174-- having raised a list of doubts about the injuries being claimed in the xray .                                                        I raised a list of doubts about the xray through applications ---mainly

1)  the xray plates were not my wives but had been arranged from elsewhere . I had heard this in microphone recordings of hers and informed the police even before the day of the alleged crime inflicted on her .

2) there was no fracture on any of the xray plates ( i am a doctor) 

However now when i am requesting the investigating office as well as the SSP incharge of investigations to verify this through a medical board  - they say they dont have the power to order a medical board . 

To make matters worse they are finalising a new chargesheet having removed 307 and replaced  it  with 325 .   My lawyers tell me that 498a+325 in the chargesheet is lethal as my district session court does not offer interim bail in such cases (im from UP) .And my high court is not known to quash chargesheets . 

I have a feeling that i am fighting a losing battle . its easier to give up and meet my wifes obnoxious  monetary demands than to see my family suffer for the single mistake called --marriage . 

                                                                  regards and thank you 


 2 Replies

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     04 July 2016

Good u know d evidences against u nur interpretations medically now ur lawyer is d one to use them to his best. A good lawyer can get u out. Ask him to first get relief for family asu can continue d battle better......Cell 91777-22930

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     21 July 2016

i think being a doctor you might have hired a good advocate or associates so i'd like to suggest once talk to your lawyer before making your mind.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query