Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam jain (hr)     14 July 2012

Should i filed a rcr or go directly for divorce

Hi. 

My marriage is now 1&1/2 yrs now. We were happy we went 2 USA 2 times.Problem started as soon as my brother in law got married.

My Father in law called my father to send me to kol using slang langauges and threating  i went to kol next day to my shock he started talking showing his influnence in police station  i didnt said any thing lot of things my wife,father,brother,mother in law said to me. they threathened me to live seperately at that time i said no. after few days (The samaj) got interfer and solve the matter. We were asked by the Samaj to live sepreatdly.

We took a house on rent we were living normal we also went to goa on her bday. her dad called on daily basis giving her advice. She started to suspisisous on me. She was not feeling well she went to doctor , the doctor said u r fine on low pressure problem but she was complaining doctor didnt understand and asked her to go and have complete body check up. She and i went she select a offer complete the procedure. I got the report and forget to give her she got susposious. She told her dad. Next day she left the home taking the original medical documents and send me a legal SMS of torture mental pressure etc..... they are now telling they will file  a dowry case but from nagaland (business place)

1.can they do so permenanent add is kol and file a case from nagaland

2. they are not registering case only threathing of doing so for the last 2months.

3. What should be done by me.

4.Should i go for RCR or divorce.

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 July 2012

1. Take once again help of same "Samaj" who helped both of you earlier.
2. Ask bluntly to you FIL what is his problem? Tell him after marriage his daughter is no more his 'property'. It becomes property of a husband.
3. Also ask your wife what she wants - divorce or want to live with you?
4. If she says to live with you then tell her to tell her natal home folks to shut up and stop interference in both of your marriage. If she says divorce then ask her to jointly file MCD and take help of ‘Samaj” to set terms and conditions of divorce under Mutual Consent via Court Decree. Taking a middle path is going to be painful for long. You people have "Samaj" which takes care of such issues among young couples - righto!
5. RCR is just going to be paper decree. Still you may get subjected to counter cases form FIL.
6. When they file from Nagaland then we will see how they established Jurisdiction when neither marriage took place there nor after marriage parties living there. Filing case from
Andaman Islands is also easy but once challenged in given circumstances then they cannot justify how case got filed from Nagaland - Andaman Islands.
7. You are a husband take a bold step to protect your marriage or for its dissolution.
8. Also appoint an local advocate by reference / search in LCI its Lawyers database and take him to “Samaj” meeting next time. 

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     14 July 2012

dear gautam jain,

if they are not filing any case against you it means they dnt want to break this marriage.

kindly go for arbritation and concilition through court before filing any case

once you fall in litigation both sides will lose trust from each other and want to keep their hand up towards legal side this will cause to end of the relation.

feel free to call on 9459321520

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     14 July 2012

Hi Gautam, 

In my opinion :-

1. Filing RCR would help, though nobody can compel her to live with you if she does not want to, but it has a great symbolic value, and mitigates 498A/406/Maintenance damage.

2. Take the help of Samaj as advised above, take a seasoned lawyer with you. 

How to fight a false 498A/false dowry cases that your wife may file against you..Image

“For men in India marriage is a lottery but you can’t tear up your ticket even if you lose…” and it’s not just you who would have to live with the lost lottery but your entire family may have to suffer at the hands of a system so grossly skewed in favour of women.

Marriages may fall apart for a lot of reasons, temperamental issues, compatibility problems, but does that make you an offender in the eyes of law? Yes it does, your estranged wife in order to have her way in arm-twisting you may implicate you and your family in end number of false cases, 498A being the foremost.

498A penalizes cruelty for dowry, almost always comes alongwith S.406 Allegations which basically penalize the criminal breach of trust, when your wife’s articles are entrusted to you and you fail to return them back – misappropriate them or convert them to own use – you are criminally liable !. By aid of S.34 of the Indian Penal Code – your family/relatives can be held liable for the same if they share the common intention with you.

Now if you think that you have a wife who can potentially do this for money or the kicks that her ego gets out of the same or pure vengeance then you are my friend in a vulnerable situation, but there is a silver lining to this, there are legal strategies that may help minimize, if not completely rule out, the damage or mischief that may occur to you.

Being a Supreme Court Advocate and a Mens Rights Activist I speak from experience, the following things may(if done correctly) help in a lot of cases :-

1. Insist on a dowry-less marriage – Preparing of list of articles received at the time of marriage, countersigned by both the families, would help rule out exaggerated claims later !

2. Digging the well before the fire starts; when trouble starts at home you apprise all concerned of the problems that you are facing, not for the purposes of any action but information;

If you see things going awry in near future, then it would be good idea to seperate from parents to a rented house with sufficient public notices;

3. As per the prevailing law atleast here in Delhi, if your wife approaches a Police Station with her complaint, she is to be forwarded CAW CELL instituted to try and reconcile and investigate and act as buffers so that penal actions are not inititated right away. Once the matter goes to CAW Cell – apply for an anticipatory bail , you are sure to get notice bail atleast – this would help in two ways :-

a) Give you greater confidence, level playing field in the CAW Cell talks;

b) Prevent any hasty arrest on failure of conciliation;

All in all nothing to lose in this and in this step 1. Would help a great deal.

4. Seek a copy of complaint via RTI ASAP, since they deny at the first instance you’d have to appeal therefrom which may take some time. There are CIC Decisions that would help you here.

5. In the event of an FIR being registered apply for AB again, and quashing of FIR (not always depends on the kind of allegations leveled)

6. Filing Restitution of Conjugal Rights (case that you want her back) may help in some cases, but not in all. Sometimes it helps in defending maintenance cases, and showing your bona fides.

7. Keep a check on your wife’s finances. Would come handy defending maintenance cases.

8. Prosecution (S.340 CrpC) for perjury in cases of false & exaggerated claims in maintenance petitions.

9. Tax Evasion Petitions once you get the List of Istridhan may also help put pressure.

10. Dowry Prohibition Act – penalizes giving of dowry so in case there is a clear admission of DOWRY (not Istridhan) then in that case your in laws are also liable to be prosecuted. Think on these lines !

11. With a marital property law on the anvil, don’t buy property in your name, much less jointly with spouse.

The above may go a great deal helping you defend correctly, my advise would be to stand your ground, don’t give in to their extortionate tactics, once you’d get an AB the worst would already be over and after that the judicial system with it’s endemic delays won’t treat your wife differently, sooner or later she would realize that frivolous litigation doesn’t pay !

The Author is a Supreme Court Advocate, and a Mens Rights Activist and can be reached at bharat.law06@gmail.com, Tel : 9810553252.

gautam jain (hr)     14 July 2012

thanks tajobsindia and anish thankur

they are playing tricks daily.........every thursday they start to send false messages via mediator that they have registered the case but finally it gets false the samaj went to there home to settle the matter. They told the samaj ok we will give the divorce First they came to first home and took all there belongings and after that we came to know that they came one day piror and already taken the belonging from the rented house. They also threatened our family that they have connection with terroists and will kidnap us in front of samaj. they got back with their words. They have taken all their jewellery including my wedding ring. Asked us to come to there house and take the jewellery. The samaj went to there home with the list of items they confirmed the list is ok and demanded 1cores after that they will give the jewellery. He threatened the samaj people to back and said i am not afraid of the samaj as i am not jain.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 July 2012

Dear Gautam

if they demanding money from you after thretining, you can file a criminal complaint against them u/s 383, 384 of IPC for extortion.

Section 383. Extortion

Whoever intentionally puts any person in fear of any injury to that person, or to any other, and thereby dishonestly induces the person so put in fear to deliver to any property or valuable security, or anything signed or sealed which may be converted into a valuable security, commits "extortion".

Illustrations

(a) A threatens to publish a defamatory libel concerning Z unless Z give him money. He thus induces Z to give him money. A has committed extortion.

(b) A threatens Z that he will keep Z's child in wrongful confinement, unless Z will sign and deliver to A promissory note binding Z to pay certain monies to A. Z signs and delivers the note. A has committed extortion.

(c) A threatens to send club-men to plough up Z's field unless Z will sign and deliver to B bond binding Z under a penalty to deliver certain produce to B, and thereby induces Z to sing and deliver the bond. A has committed extortion.

(d) A, by putting Z in fear of grievous hurt, dishonestly induces Z to sign or affix his seal to a blank paper and deliver it to A. Z signs and delivers the paper to A. Here, as the paper so signed may be converted into a valuable security. A has committed extortion.

E

ection 384. Punishment for extortion

Whoever commits extortion shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine or with both.

CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE

Punishment—Imprisonment for 3 years, or fine, or both—Cognizable—Non-bailable—Triable by any Magistrate—Non-compoundable.

Feel Free to call

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 July 2012

yo.u have right to file divorce directly with crelty ground

NAGARAJAN (advisor)     16 July 2012

Respected sir,

I suffered because of this 498 A section.The case is dragged for morethan 5 years due to lack of my legal knowledge. It is as good as i got punished by dragging the case for 5 years.
Atlast i got one good advocate now through his help i got divorce.
After having this much mental agony and torture by the court and my wife i have decided to file a Public Interest Litegation against this section 498 A
1) Before marriage the marriage should be approved by one known police and advocate by bride and bridegroom side.In case any issue they should approach them immediately if it is genuine then police can file a 498 A case.Instead of approaching police and advocate after marriage it is better if the marriage is approved by police and advocate should avoid people threaten the real husband.
The above or my point for Public Interest Litigation.Please guide me shall i approach this,Please help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register