Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chethan   23 July 2021

Should i disclose my disease during medical examination for joining to government job

I recently got selected in India post through direct recruitment.
Now I need to submit medical certificate for the department, but the thing is I was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma, a kind of blood cancer. I have already completed my all the six chemotherapy prescribed by my doctor. Although my cancer has decreased by almost 95 percent the treatment is not yet complete. Iam fully physically fit and healthy with no other ailments and I can work by hiding my affliction. Should I disclose to my employer about my disease but I fear that they might declare me medically unfit and refuse to get me appointed. Iam perplexed what should I do

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 July 2021

If you lie to reveal the health information about you. Later on investigation it will be known to the authorities through data base. You have to give information of your health correctly. Citizens health status is updating through online data project in www.nhp.gov.in 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 July 2021

Yes, do not conceal the fact.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2021

Yes, you need to disclose. As you are recovering, the ailment need not be a reason for denying the job.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register