Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyasri (Unemployed)     11 July 2013

Shortening name in dob certification - minor

Hi,

I want to shorten my 5-year old daughter's name (retain only the last word out of four words). The birth has taken place in East Godavari District. Could some one please guide me with the procedure for this.

With thanks,

Satyasri

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     11 July 2013

Get the name modified in the birth certificate

Satyasri (Unemployed)     12 July 2013

I should have written "I want to shorten my 5-year old daughter's name in the previously issued date of birth certificate to retain only the last word out of four words. Please suggest the procedure to get the DOB certicate updated/corrected with the short name.".

Can you please advise.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     13 July 2013

Apply for rectification of name in the birth certificate. Now most of the registrations of birth are online in most of the states. Take the services of a local lawyer and it can be done easily upon payment of nominal fees of Rs.35 directly to government. THe advocate may charge around 200-300 rupees. It takes not more than 7 days.This is law in karnataka. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 September 2013

Obtain an application for correction of name in birth certificate from local municipal office get two gazetted officers signed on it. Attach original birth certificate, affidavit for name correction, residential proof like ration card, voters card,aadhar card etc. You will get new birth certificate with corrected name in 7 days. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register