25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tendulkar.S (services)     25 June 2009

Shop owners charge money as 'cooling charge' for soft drinks

Respected Gentlemen and Ladies,

    I stay in Bangalore city in the state of Karnataka, whenever i buy soft drinks, the shop keepers in most localities levy an extra one rupee or two rupees as 'Cooling Charge' for keeping the soft drinks cool. Is this right?? If not, what is to be done to remedy the situation?  Is there any law to that effect??  Please advise 



 3 Replies

Amarjeet yadav (Advocate)     25 June 2009

no, they can't charge any of such charges as the law clearly says that a shopkeepers cannot ask more than the MRP if any shop keeper do so then you can approch to the consumer court by getting the bills of your purchase. 

tendulkar.S (services)     28 June 2009

Sir, for soft drinks of Rs 9 or Rs 10, no bill is being received as a practice in shop, how do we solve this trend...?? your advice will be highly appreciated

H.R. Sampath Kumar (employment l)     11 July 2009

  Yes , I agree Shop keepers donot give  bills for small amounts,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query