LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritwik (IT)     20 September 2017

Shifting to separate accommodation

Presently I am living in a very weird situation. In parents house, my wife leaves in a separate floor with my son and does allow me to access my son. My parents live in the ground floor. I live in another floor. I take my meals with my parents. Court is closed here for a month. I will file child custody then. In the meantime, if I move to a separate accommodation and rent another for my wife, and then my parents tell my wife to move to that location, is that possible legally? How much time it may take ? Is there any other strategy?

Learning

4 Replies

Ritwik (IT)     20 September 2017

She does not allow me to access my son.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 September 2017

Your wife's marital home is where YOU reside. If you arrange for a suitable alternate accommodation for yourself, she can demand a residence with you. Your parents can always ask your wife to leave from their house she has no claim on your parents.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     22 September 2017

What do you mean by "If i move to a seperate accomodation and rent another for my wife?" You should move out at the earliest to protect your parents' and ask your wife to join you.  If she refuses, then your parents' can excercise the remedies available to them. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2018

GO thru; Articles under my profile

Son can live in Parents house only at the mercy of his Parents, upto the time the Parents allow

Now, Property Transfer Deed by Senior Citizen Parent to negligent children can be revoked even if there is NO recital of Welfare Clause in the Transfer deed !

Now parents can evict abusive adult children from their house

Now Senior Citizens can evict negligent son or daughter from their home in 21 days time

Son can divorce wife if she tries to separate him from aged parents

Approach in person alongwith elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP,  a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family/Guardianship/Civil matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and share inputs /show the documents/evidence for a considered opinion..

At each location three are some counsels that specialize in such matters and they are well known.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Family/civil courts, HC, SC……

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register