LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danish Zaidi   24 August 2020

shia personal law

My father's agriculture land we have partitioned after his death as me and my sister . Now my mother has died. 1) So how will be the
share for me and my sister of my father agriculture land as per indian muslim shia personal law? We only two children. 2) If my sister didn't like to share as per the muslim law then i have to give her the share according to the indian civil code? Or she will have to follow the sharia compulsory?


 1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   11 January 2021

Good morning,

According to the Shia law, a son and a daughter both have rights to claim the land. However, the share of the daughter will be half of the share of the son's property. 

Meaning, whatever share a son acquires, the daughter will get half of that. 

This is because when a daughter marries into another family, she is entitled to receive Mehr, or dowry. And she is also well taken care of in her husband's place. 

Whereas the husband only has his ancestral property to live with, along with taking care of his own wife and family once he gets married. 

Please REFER to this link for more on this- 


Hope this helped!




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register