LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Vikram Singh (Software Engg)     23 March 2012

Shared property transfer


Dear Fellow members,

I have a qyery related to property. Kindly let me know your inputs

One flat is co-owned(50-50%) by husband and wife. registry completed. no home loan ongoing. Wife has left husband now and this may end in divorse. Situation is not good.

Can husband sell his share currently to avoid giving atleast his share to wofe. No case is registered yet.



Raj Vikram


 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 March 2012

yes he can sell his share.

stanley (Freedom)     23 March 2012

Wether a case is registered or not ,as the flat is co-owned and registered in both the names than the wifes consent too is required to sell the flat and she would have to be given her share .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

Consent of both parties would be required to sell the said property.


Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query