Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrashekar (associate)     16 April 2013

Share on grandmother property

Hi,

My grandmother (my fathers mother) has 8 self purchased property, she is an housewife and she has 7 grandchildren, i am one of the grandchildren, I wanted to file a suit for partition as my grandma refuses to give a share for me

Is it possible to get a share in my grand mother properties.

Learning

4 Replies

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     16 April 2013

Chances of your sucess in the court seems to be nil, on the basis of the information submitted by you. Your Grandmother has got all  rights to dispose of property as per her wish as the property was purchased by her from her own sources.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 April 2013

The questioned property is your grand mother's  self acquired property and she is at present alive so no question arises to seek partition.she has every right to enjoy the property in a manner which she likes.She can alienate.gift.sell and transfer the property as per her wish .You can not restrain her nor can seek partition.

Chandrashekar (associate)     19 April 2013

I just wanted to add one more query on this, 

What ever property purchased by my grand mother is through my grand father income, she doesnt have any source of income, as she is a housewife, keeping this point can we file a case for partition suit.

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     20 April 2013

Since the property is in the name of your grandmother, you can not ask for partition. You have mentioned that your Grand Father has funded for purchase and the money may not have been returned by your Grand Mother. Even than the money seem to be earned by your Grand Father and the same was given to your GM by him during his life time. He got all the rights to do the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register