LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

atul (Accountant)     21 February 2015

Shamshan ghat near residential area

Sir, The municipal corporation is going to construct a shamshan ghat within the residential area. The land where the said shamshan ghat is proposed is a govt. land. But as the city developed and the area of village is now comprised in the municipal corporation, the district collector sanctioned a flat scheme near the said govt. land which was reserved long years before for buring the dead bodies. But there were never burned the dead bodies. Now the Municipal Corporation and the MLA of the area is going to construct a shamshan ghat on the said land. A residential building is very closed to the proposed land. A well-known school is situated on the way to proposed land and some other educational institutions are going to construct very closed to the proposed shamshan ghat. Further, there is a only single way to reach the school and the proposed shamshan ghat which goes from the residential area of village. In this situation can we take a legal stand against the proposed shamshan ghat? What we have to do! pl. help us. Regards.

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 February 2015

If it is os then file writ in the high court challenging the order.

atul (Accountant)     23 February 2015

Sir, please guide us in detail as the matter is most urgent. Further, I would like to bring to your kind attention that the said land was reserved for buring the deadbodies in govt. record. But, the Grampanchayat is now dissolved and the same area is attached with municipal corporation and it is developing as a city area and residential plots and buildings are constructing around the proposed shamshanghat. Sir, please guide us how we stop the proposed shamshan ghat.....thanks...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2015

meet a sernior advocate.

Rajneesh Singh   03 October 2018

Dear Atul, Did you get a resolution to your query, I'm in a similar situation, I stay in Faridabad and the gate of shamshan is just 10 yds from my house. I feel my basic right, Right to Clean air is getting violated. Can someone help?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register