Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pravita   15 August 2015

Sexual harassment leading to murder attempt

Respected Sir/Madam, 
I am a Phd Student from a leading institute. On the night of 30th june 2015 one of my colleague s*xually harassed me and tried to kill me in a well planned manner (he was using gloves and LAN cable to kill me). Reacting on this assault, Institute made a committee and promised me they will take care of police complaint also. After the treatment in hospital, they sent me forcefully to home so i can't react on that situation instantly. Yesterday, the decision came and they denied the charges of s*xual harassment on the accused but they agreed that it is a physical assault only. In the decision letter they convinced to  give me a written apology from the accused. From the decision it is clear that they are saving the accused. In the date of Today i have wrong and biased decision letter of committee and also don't have any police complaint. I am totally disappointed to the decision. Kindly suggest me the  next step for justice. I can send you all the letters from both sides (committee and me) if u needed. I can also give you the step by step details on the assault. Kindly help me that how can i file a complaint against the accused.

With best regards

Learning

3 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 August 2015

As the committee admitted physical assualt by the accused, even that is criminal act in the eyes of law.Initially itself U should have given a police complaint and taken the assistance of women's organisations.The management will always try to dilute the matter.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     16 August 2015

If the act happen against your will and you are really innocent than you must lodge a complaint giving all details of act and committee acceeptance other wise forget the matter and think that you also enjoyed that event.......and it was by your wish only...

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 August 2015

Do not compromise,be bold enough to stand against the mischievious persons; lodge police complaint with all medical records and report of the committee constituted by the institute/ university.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register