LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

youmust (none)     20 June 2013

Sex video leakage

Hello legal experts,

This is a question for a documentary film that I am researching for.

Let's consider the scenario : A couple of college kids made a s*x video and it was leaked by the roommate of the boy with the sole intention of getting a high. Now all the members (those who made the video and those who leaked it) are 16-17 years of age.

Now what are the options for the parents?

1) Can they give a police complaint about this with the suspicion that the kid is responsible for leaking the video?

2) What action can the police take on this boy?

3) Can the boy who made the video be held responsible for it, if the girl was not aware of it?

4) What action can the police take on this boy?

5) What actions should be taken by the parents to make sure that the video is removed from the internet?

6) There are those sites whose servers are in foriegn countries. How can it be made sure that they also remove these videos?

7) What kind of legal actions be taken to prevent private possession of videos by the people?


Any additional information would help also.


Thank you in advance.


 4 Replies

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     21 June 2013


The complaint can be filed by the parents of the girl but the girl shall be made witness to the prosecution.

As you have told that the boys are of the age 16-17, so they shall be tried as per the Juvenile Justice Act.

The video's shall be taken off from the internet websites.

You have to make specific allegations against the person(s) who are in possession of the said video, so that they be restrained from possessing the said video.

youmust (none)     21 June 2013

Thanks a lot Jayendra.

Will the boy who shot the video be arrested by the police as he is a minor? If he is arrested will he be in police custody or some other place? Can the parents of the boy bail him out?

Could you please suggest me towards the secions of the penal code that are applicable here?

Please note that this is a research for a documentary film.

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     22 June 2013

He'll be arrested and all of them involved in the crime and will be sent to Child Home as per Juvenile Justice Act. In every city their's a Juvenile Justice Board before whom the cases of minors are conducted. Bail may be given to the boy by the Voard on moving of an application by the boy.

youmust (none)     22 June 2013

Thanks a lot Satyendra. That was very informative.

Could you please recommend any website links for my further research?


Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query