LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi Vijay Ghodge   05 May 2022

Sewage water issue

Hello Respected Members,

I have a query about drainage of sewage water. One of the neighbours had been using my plot area for drainage of sewage waste into the municipal drainage. However now that I had to build a compound wall, I had requested him to change the drainage direction accordingly. But the said person is not ready to do so and now the entire sewage water is getting stagnated in my plot causing a lot of waste management issue and hazard to the individuals residing on the plot. Kindly guide me about how to take a legal action against this, or whom exactly to approach for a solution of the said issue.

Thanking all the eminent members in anticipation.


Dr. Siddhi


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 May 2022

Report to the local municipal authorities in the form of complaint. and  district collector. Sewage contains harmful microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses and protozoa, which can cause illnesses like gastroenteritis. Sewage overflows can be caused by damaged or blocked plumbing, sewerage system backflow, septic tank damage and flood water.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 May 2022

Did you approach municipal authorities ? If so, what is the action / reaction ?

If no action is initiated file a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction through a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query