LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     01 November 2017

Settlement under industrial disputes act

Does Tribunal have powers to entertain the complaint under IDA directly without any reference to Conciliation Officer?  To the best of my knowledge as per law the complaint first should be filed with the Conciliation Officer and conciliation officer files its report with the Govt. about the settlement whether reached or not. It not settlement Labour Court starts further proceedings and pass the award accoridngly.  Aggrieved party may approach the Tribunal.  So in nutshell, the State Tribunal comes at third position.  Please guide. 


 1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 November 2017

GO thru the state amendments in your state.

Some states that might be including your state e.g; AP, Tamilnadu, Karnataka,Delhi might have done away the formality of conciliation proceedings.

The labor court/Tribunal has to adjudicate the matter that has reached before it without concilliation, in the mid of concilliation, after concilliation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads