LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abdul (RM)     07 August 2013

Settlement from mother to son

I am from tamilnadu muslim my father and mother purchased a land in 2000 registered in
both their names and my father setlement deed to my mother in 2002 we construct house
in that land in 2008 my father is no more now the property is in my mother name
( through father settlement in 2002 ) i have a sister my mother wants to settle the property to my name.
is any permission or signature reqiured from my sister to complete the settlement from
my mother name to my name if after settlement any available chance of dispute from my sister
regarding this property and settlement .


 3 Replies

A.SUMATHY 9380902017 (LAWYER)     07 August 2013

Sister permission not required. Your mother have all the right to settle the property in your name.

hareram singh (manager)     07 August 2013

Your mother have all right regarding property ..... so, she can do anything with this..... either sale ... gift..... etc. Need not to worry ....

prakharved (Medical officer)     08 August 2013

abdul Since the property is in the name of your mother. She may give it to any person during her life time by means of a gift deed, or by means of a registered will after her death. If she dies intestate then the property would be divided among all the legal heirs, including your sister. Therefore, you should consider your options accordingly. You should have clear information and take the decision accordingly. It is important that any transfer should be registered so avoid future legal problems. I think you should take advice from an experienced property lawyer. Visit Here you can post your query and a detailed written reply would be provided to you by an experienced lawyer. You can also avail consultations with a personal lawyer on this matter through It is very essential that you get to know about your options well and for that i think you should take professional help. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register