Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiv Kumar (Software Developer)     31 May 2011

Settlement Deed

Dear Advisors,

Is settlement deed revocable even if the deed is drafted without any conditions and specified as irrevocable? My father is constructing a house for which he needs some money to complete it. Already I have spent much of my earnings for my family. My father says he will write a settlement deed in favour of me for the other property he has in his name (this is a self-earned one) . In turn he asks me avail a loan so that he can complete the construction of his another house. I can take this burden also because my father has decided to settle the other property to me. But can he cancel it at some point of time later. In that case, I will lose my property and also I need to repay the loan that I took to help my father.

Thanks,

Shiv

Learning

1 Replies

prabhakar singh (advocate)     31 May 2011

If you are paying better ask him to sale the proprty directly to you by registration of sale deed,and that would perfectly in your interest in existing circumstances. make him agree to sale what he wants to settle with you and then borrow pay hiim consideration and let him go with transaction he wants to go.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register