LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phoenix (Self Employed)     05 October 2011

Settlement agreement

Hi All LCI Members,


I have a case of 498-a/ 406, where my wife said I am impotency. The truth is that wife had some adult type relation with someone else.

I gt bail and was not arrested. 

she filed for maintenance and getting Rs. 4500/-  month maitenance. Bit she didnot file divorce on impotency.

I then hired a detective and got proof of her adult relationship. I then filed for divorce on grounds of adult conduct. However, my lawyer didnot mention the name of other adult person saying proof is not sifficient and the other adult person can file defamation. I also filed xase of income tax not paid, where the girl father was asked to come to income tax office because he said they spent 35 lacs on marriage.

Now she want a compromise. 

Shall I ompromise now. On what terms. I don't want that I am impotency to mention in the compromise.

please advise how to sign this agreement.

she was asking 30 lacs now settlement is happeinng in 4.75 lacs + lawyer fee of 25 thousand.

would be thankful



 4 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 October 2011

Hi Phoenix,


I honestly think that considering your circumstances (If you are the same Phoenix who was in touch with me). It is prudent to go for compromise and closure of all cases.




Shonee Kapoor

Shailendra prasad singh (Lawyer)     05 October 2011

i am with Shonee Kapoor's opinion. 

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     05 October 2011

Hi Phoenix,

No second thought, just go for it. However, make it clear the terms and conditions in clear terms on papers. BTW, Its a compromise for just closure of all cases or including divorce?



Phoenix (Self Employed)     26 December 2011

Thank you LCI and more thank to Shonee sir.

I settle the matter with 2.5 lakhs and no impotent charge. First motion done on 23rd of this month

Shonee sir did a good job, always indebt to him for helping me and solving my problem. He was angry with me but I am his young brother so he forgive.

I never thank Shonee sir enough. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads