LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Setting up a ro water treatment plant in a residential area--is it permitted?

This is a water scarcity neighbourhood. wells and bore wells go dry by January- February. Some onehas set up a Commercial RO water treatment plant and pumping out nearly 50000 liters of water per day equal to the consumption of 300 houses . we will have water problems. Can he do it? What are the permissions needed and who has to give them? Fundamentally, can such a plant be permitted in a residential area?


 4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     10 January 2018

If you are so serious and concerned about the issue, please take appropriate legal action by filing Writ Petition in the High Court - and seeking injunction against such setting up of the plant.

You have to get in touch with local lawyer and take further steps.

Merely writing to the Department etc., will not fetch you any result.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 January 2018

Before filing writ, file application to the concerned Municipality or Corporation and get all documents submitted by that industry.  First make a complaint to Municipality or corporation on such violations.   Only after exhausting all remedies locally approach High Court.   There are more remedies available to you without spending one rupee like making a complaint to corporation on the basis of violations.  It should appear to HC that you have knocked the door after exhausting remedies available locally and resorted to HC as final remedy.


Thank you both. I shall follow the advice.


vaibhav patil   16 April 2022

My neighbor established a commercial ro water filter plant in our residential area and the owner release waste water comming out from water filter plant in municipal sewage drain. This drain gets cracked hugely. A Open well in our own house premises .when the ro plant owner run his plant the wastage water come out from his plant come in sewage drain near to our house compound wall so that the sewage water + ro plant waste water seepage in our open drinking water well.i have benn made a complaint in our nagerpanchayt office before 20 days but still thay are  not come in any action mode .and the plant owner shows us strong attitudes. I am not understand where i have to complaint against this.i attached  a vedio of this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register