IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FightForCause (Businessman)     07 May 2014

Serving summons, wrong address

Hi Experts,

Wife filed a case which i come to know through advocate.

When enquired the summons are sent to a place where i used to live 15 years back , at different city.

By all means wife knows summons will not be served on that location, what can be wife thinking behind sending summons to wrong address.

1. Getting exparte order- Is it possible when summons are not served.

2 Generally how much time will it take to get exparte order if summons not getting served.

3. I am in no mood to start the cases soon, as want to concentrate on other cases which she has filed.


Can i put cases against wife for knowingly giving wrong address which she is fully aware of ?


Please reply


 2 Replies

ktkaran (maanger)     08 May 2014

first get the copy (Non certiied) of the case from the court,read what is written and demanded,also check court dates and daily order (they r in the file).

If it is on order:make an appearance through advocate her chances of getting x parte will be dimmed .

Also if Ex parte just keep an eye and appeal on ground wrong address was given deliberately and u culd not come to know of the case except now when u were browing net etc.

ex parte orders are generally set aside but still dont let it be ex parte.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     08 May 2014

appear in the court and contest the case.

no need of getting the summons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query