25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manojabcde (engineer)     18 November 2017

Serving final closure report of fir to opposite party

In ACB FIR on my complaint, ACB have given only one page intimation to attend the final closure hearing at ACB session court without giving me copy of final closure report. ACB officials suggest to apply to court for the copy of final closure report.

Please suggest whether it is not the duty of ACB to first  serve copy of  final closure report to the opposite party and then submit to court. (Although in highcourt, this practice of first serving all papers to opposite party is prevalent, but in lower courts, situation is not clear).


 3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 November 2017

You can appear before the Court on the date fied for considering the closure report and request for copy of the same to enable you to file the protest petition.  That will be allowed by the Court.

Therefore, there is no point in asking whether the closure report should be given to you in first or not at this stage.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     18 November 2017

Well suggested by my learned friend, if you are not satisfied with the closer report you can file protest petition before the court concerned.


Jaspal S Maini(Adv)


manojabcde (engineer)     19 November 2017

How will I file protest without closure report. Moreover, as per prevailing practice in courts, only certified copy of original papers will be given that means I will get only 50% of actual closure report submitted to the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query