LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hsahpriyul (Article)     12 November 2014

Service tax credit on change in constitution

Our company is engaged in construction business.

We have converted our Private Limited company in to LLP. 

Now my question is ca we carry forward Service Tax Credit ?

there is also negative balance of service tax payable due to booking cancellation. Can we carry forward this also ?


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 November 2014

Dear, Yes u can carry forward, without paying of negitive you cannot surrender ur registration under service tax. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

M.R.K.PRASAD-Advocate (SELF)     22 November 2014


As the status of company changed to LLP, PAN will be changed as such service tax registration will be changed.  You have to make amendments to registration in service tax after getting the PAN. You can carry forward the credit to your new enterprise or you can surrender the registratoin and seek new registration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register