LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   26 May 2022

Service of summons

On a compliant u/s 200 CrPC court has issued summons to opposite parties residing in a different state what is the best way to get the summons served on those parties and produce a valid proof of the same before next date

The normal process I believe is that the court issuing summons sends it to the court where the parties reside from that court summons are sent to applicable PS which then gets it served. But there may be so many delays in this whole process and this can take upto months

Can I specifically file any application before the court where the parties reside or the applicable PS where the parties reside to speed this up. Are there any process (preferably that are binding on authorities for performance ) that I can do in addition to the normal process to speed the service of summons.


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 May 2022


Court issuing summons and sending it to the court where the accused / opposite party reside is the best way to serve the summons. You can take precautions by following it up with the other court bailiff, who will ultimately serve the summons and issue the service report. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 May 2022

There is no necessity to respond as the querist has already answewred the query according to Law, that is in a case of serving summon outside the jurisdictions or where the accused is beyond the court jurisdictions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query