LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (working Employee)     23 April 2023

Service certificate from closed company

Dear All,

  In case we lost 10th , 12th , Graduate /undergraduate degree we can able to get the copy from the respective Boards . What if Service certificate is lost and the company ceased to operate, what legal option available after this since we have no control over the existence of a company . Most of MNCs are asking service certificates from past employers , what if they don't accepting Form16 , EPFO records as evidence of employment .




 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 April 2023

The query shall be full facts not "if"  as it is an academic query.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 April 2023

No Board can confer degree for graduation / under graduation.

Submit details to your employer of closed company i.e,, previous employer, "if" so.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 April 2023

The query is too hypothetical to suggest any solution. 

Prasad (working Employee)     24 April 2023

 Thank you all for the reply.        
 I think  losing/missing/damage of certicates do occur right?Few examples  

     In my case its just to know what incase of lost Service Certificate from closed company . If  the company is not closed then i can request HR department to issue duplicate .  If not is there anything i can do ?
Getting Duplicate for 10th , +12    
The duplicate certificate issuing authority for the state is the state education board - “Directorate of Examination”
Candidates can get the Duplicate Copy of Mark List in case of loss of certificate or destroyed by flood or fire.

links for the above    


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More