LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh (Technical Officer)     01 March 2015

Service agreement issue

A year back I broke the service agreement of a govt bank I was working at. There were a lot of reasons: 1. Ill health of dad, and my posting was in Hyderabad (Native place Kanpur), which they were reluctant to change. I had put up a written application for my transfer but no action was taken.

2. Bad work culture. A lot of problems with boss, and being the only north Indian in my department, My seat was far away, and boss always used to humiliate. I once requested him not to be so cruel and humiliating infront of people. A lot of issues; a lot, actually, which I duly communicated to them through mail. 

Since I left, I have received their's and their lawyer's notice. I had replied to each and everyone of them through mails, with attachment of all medical documents of dad's health. Now I have received High Court notice that I have pay more than 3.5 lac for breaking the bond and interest. I am in no state of paying that much money. I can't have even money to hire a lawyer. I do know that it was not less than a harassment I was going through there. Can anyone help me here!

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 March 2015

Dear, How can they directly send a HC notice .... Claiming money no way .... U send me the scanned copy of the service agreement and all the relevant documents and let me see the best way out.... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

(Guest)

It seems your employer has filed a case in the HC against you for compensation in violation of bond agreement.

However, any help can be possible only after examination of your terms of your appointment, condition of bond, contents of their notice, your reply and talso he present notice of the HC case.

saurabh (Technical Officer)     02 March 2015

First of all thank you for replies. I'l attach a scanned copy of both agreement and high court notice here with my next reply. A quick question that pops up in my head is, as @kapil chandna sir said, how can they directly send High court notice? This is anyways a case of labor court, or civil court, if I am not wrong?

And secondly a lot of people say that all one sided corporate agreements are not valid in Indian labor laws. Especially when I had a medical reason and documents to support my action. Are both these points valid?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2015

You may consult a labor law practising advocate in the local, produce all the relevant papers before him and get his opinion on further issues and proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register