LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (S/W)     18 September 2011

Serious advise on MCD

Respected Experts,

I got married before 9 months, We do not like each and do not have any type of intimacy with each other. In past 9 moths we are living almost together and try to understand each other but fails to continue this relation.  am point out some of facts.

1. We do not establish any physical relation

2. We both are very stressed, because of which we both are suffering from a brain disease and we tookelectric shock to cure

3. we both want to seperate

WE BOTH TAKE MUCH TIME TO LIVE TOGETHER AND UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. So we go for MCD. I want to know how much time it will take to divorce or can we nullify this marriage.

Pl help me out and tellsome of best divorce lawyer in delhi




 5 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     18 September 2011

You cannot apply for MCD before one year of marriage. It will take minimum six months to take divorce on mutual consent basis. You will need to present a joint petition for divorce post one year completition. You need to live seperately.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     18 September 2011

If its MCD than any lawyer would be fine - no need for any special lawyer.

Harsh (Advocate)     18 September 2011

Hi Neha,


I would be able to assist in your Divorce by way of Mutual Consent case as both of you are willng to separate and you both can move a Joint Divorce Petition under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. You both cannot apply for Mutual Consent Divorce before one year as One year Separation required. After one year completion you both have to file a joint Divorce Petition in the Court and there is span period of six months between the filing of two petitions for Mutual Consent Petition & after that you will able to procure a Diovrce Decree from the Court..

I am practicing Divorce and Family Lawyer based in delhi.

Hoping to hear more from you soon.



Harsh Parekh


9971780620 (M)

Rahul T (Engineer)     19 September 2011

@ Neha

             What will you get after MCD? Life is not all about physical relation ship. Before blaming your husband, just think once what you did for your family???

“Did you ever tried to love him from the bottom of your Heart”???

 “Did you ever think that you will die without him”???  

“Did you ever prepared his lunch box by missing your office”???


I am not at all against your personal opinion. Just a tiny try to save a family…Pardon me if I am wrong…..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 September 2011

You can apply for MCD after leave of court even before 1 year of marriage.


You don't need an expert lawyer for the same, Just decide all the conditions and go for it yourself.




Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register