LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sasikala Perumal   13 February 2019

senior citizen suffering

After her husband's death in 2016, the son is not allowing 63 years old mother to rent the property. he is neither supporting her financially or caring for her. she lives in a separate house. husband did not write settlement and the property in husband's name. he is demanding all the high value property to be written in his name. she has 2 more daughters married and another son who is mentally unfit. rental income is the only income for her. she is also suffering from high BP for 25 years which has now led to kidney disease. please advise how to help her income from rent. already partition suit is filed and son is doing all problems to delay the case. please kindly advice.


 5 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     13 February 2019

the mother can file case against her son under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007. She has to approach local Collectrate office.

1 Like

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     13 February 2019

Just let her file a complaint in the Police station and also meet the SDM, the suit is already there that can take time.Meanwhile help the lady by seeking help from from Police, SDM office, and eben if any NGO nearby can help too.

1 Like

Sasikala Perumal   13 February 2019

thank u sir

Sasikala Perumal   13 February 2019

thank u sir

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     13 February 2019

You can file maintenance petition against your son for alimony 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query