LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay anand (Consultant)     29 April 2021

Senior citizen protection needed.

My friend s grandmother is 90 years old since last 5 years she is of unsound mind. She has registered a will in the name of her son s kids .The son and his wife passed away before the will was written. Her elder son was named guardian, he also died last week. The grand mother s youngest daughter s is now harassing her by beating her and also has got her thumb impression on lot of stamp paper and green empty papers. She has mortgaged the property document. But Ec of the property shows nil... What should we do to protect her and the property from her younger daughter s family. She needs medical treatment. 

 7 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     29 April 2021


Your grandmother can seek maintenance from them under Senior Citizens Act. To protect the property, whatever is the use that has been made of those thumb impressions that has to be found out. If they have used it to sell or git properties, then they can be cancelled by approaching a civil court. 

For further queries, you can contact me on

Would be more than happy to help. 

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     29 April 2021

Report the matter to local police for alleged atrocities committed by her daughter.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Please ask your friend to lodge a complain on behalf of the victim before the District Magistrate. Aside please engage a local senior Advocate in this regard to fast rescue.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Yes i do agree with experts. answer 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 April 2021

A police complaint is an alternative. But, unfortunately, that will not solve the problem entirely. It only addresses the problem partially. Better approach a local NGO that is working towards the Older people and their welfare. If the matter is approached through the NGO the problem may be solved entirely.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 April 2021

Approaching to District Legal Services Authority and District Collector through petitions may get a solution for the present issue.   There are many issues involved as to where she is staying and who is looking after her, and how atrocities can be perpetrated on such old woman by her daughter who may be living separately and not looking after her mother.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 April 2021

India Code: Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007. Long Title: An Act to provide for more effective provisions for the maintenance and welfare of parents and senior citizens guaranteed and recognised under the Constitution and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.Better to approach local NGO for taking action as suggested eminent lawyers as above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query