25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

khan   27 July 2016

Sending hand summons through courier to office address

Dear Sir
Wife have filed crpc 125 for claiming maintenance in family court in 2014, till now they did not serve any notice, now ordered by judge to issue hand summons. 
recently some one came to my office to serve the notice or summons to my office, but security guy smartly avoided them and sent them back saying employee is not in office from long time.

Again wife's lawyer or some one sent professional courier to my office and office security guy received it by signing it. later i asked my lawyer he suggested to return that courier back to professional courier services saying that employee is not available from many days he has been transffered or gone somewhere. so security guy did the same. he returned it back to courier boy.

Please suggest what i did is correct or not? What should be right approach to avoid it.

Last year i had filed petition in highcourt to quash the 498a on me and my entire family, somehow i got the stay in high court for 12 weeks, recently 12 weeks were completed and in next hearing opposite lawyer requested for mediation so highcourt granted and ordered for the mediation in mediation center which is in family court premises only where crpc 125 case is pending.
Mediation will be held in 10 days from now.

Please brothers suggest whats best course of action i can take to safe gaurd from these thieves.

Thanks n Regards


 7 Replies

khan   27 July 2016

Also please suggest how to face mediation???

Please please help.

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     27 July 2016

Dear Khan,

For time being u can avoid summons. But they will serve summons on mediation day. 

You have to build your case strong and proove in court that she is capable to maintain herself. 

If you have Children from wed lock, they are entitled to maintainence.

Regarding Mediation, consult your advocate and take his help. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2016

Prefer expert help from a very able counsel specializing in such/family matters.

Mukesh sharma (job )     27 July 2016

Hi khan medition process not very difficult and not a problem for you medition is procees thats help you with make your relation again and if you have some dispute than they solve by outside by court  

if they call you for medition than you not worry about it you join them and if they sk you any question than you reply them if medition not going on right way than they stop and sent report to court 

in last if your office security person your notice and he signed it than it would we accept by yoou and  their you not say about that he accept it wrong coz security person work under you and its mention as it a ccept by you 


khan   28 July 2016

Thank you so much for the reply Mam and kumar and sharma ji.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2016

You are welcome.

It is good to see that some querists come back to thank the members/experts.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2016

LCI Expert Mr. Shonee Kapoor has started an initiative for men sufferring from such matters.

You can benefit from it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query