LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SV (NA)     26 September 2013

Sending fir to estranged wife's office

Want to know is sending FIR copy to my estranged wife's office colleagues an offence? I filed FIR (Sec-66-IT Act) on my estranged wife of 2.5 yrs for sending obscene & abusive SMS and so far from past 03 months police didn't took any action except fake promises. She stays far in Delhi and case is booked in hyderabad... I doubt of political influence of her uncle in PS, what to do sir?.

If I send only FIR to her govt office colleagues will that be a problem for me as am going ahead as have to go  thru DVC and 498a proceeding soon. What repurcusions be expected as it is a legal document? Kindly respond in detail sir ! Highly obliged.


 3 Replies

498A__misused (Sec)     27 September 2013

You can send note ..very simple note importand no bad language. And speak 100% truth that fir number xxxxx is laumched against such and such person...with attachment fir your accurate details cant come in dv cruelty. And 498a cruelty but ...she can use it in maintenance coz she may loose job coz of u ......try to get her arrest for 24 hour and imform that to her office via police ...this will save u and better idea

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     27 September 2013



Please note, you are not authorized by law to send such information to your wife's office. This is only something that a court may proceed to do. That too in such cases where the court wants to protect the interest of the complainant and wants to find the background of the accused.


If police is not taking any action even after registering FIR then you may file an application before concerned court regarding inaction of the local police.


All the best!




Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

You dont have any right to send fir to ur wife's office. Better go through court proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register