LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikash agarwal (---)     22 September 2014

Selling property without family consent.

actually my father is stubborn thats why he sells more then 50% of our property and lost all the money in business and all the property is in my father's name too. but my mother and i want to know is there any law in india that can confine him and give us right to know before he sells property as he every time sell the proprty without our consent.


 4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 September 2014

@ Author,



1. Are the properties in question his self earned OR ancestral?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 September 2014

If the property is the self acquired property of your father then, he can sell it without anybody's consent. If it is an ancestral property then, you can seek partition and get your share or even stop him from selling the property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 September 2014

Agreed with experts.

vikash agarwal (---)     22 September 2014

it is self earned by my father. you told me i don't have right to stop him from selling property but what about my mom, she is his wife. as a wife she can do it or not, if yes then guide us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query