Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tulipz Hyderabad (None)     31 March 2012

Selling my flat in india via gpa

Hi, 

Can anyone here please tell me how to sell my flat in India via GPA? I plan to give the gpa to my father. Is notary sufficient or will I need to register it? How much will it cost to register it? I am losing sleep over this- one lawyer says notary is sufficient and another says I need to register it (he doesn't know how much it"ll cost though) 

Please help ! 

Tulipz 

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     31 March 2012

Dear Querist,

Since the GPA would be executed outside India, it needs to be notarized/authenticated by the Indian Consul there in the country, and then on reciept in India, your father gets it registered with the registrar. 

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     31 March 2012

Dear Querist,

Since the POA is for selling your property, you need to specify the Schedule of the Property.  Type the POA  in plain A4 sheets and to be signed by you in all the pages and to get attested by the Indian Consulate General of your place.  You can also affix your photograph also in the last page of the POA and the Consulate General would affix his seal.  Send the POA duly signed and attested to your father  and after receipt in India, your father has to go the District Registrar, only district registrars are empowered to adjudicate the POA.  Your father has to submit a written application along with notarised self declaration affidavit and the POA received.  Rest of things, will be guided by the registrar officials.  Note that the POA to be adjuicated within three months from the date of receipt of the same in India. 

Regards,

K.GOPALAKRISHNAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register